Sunday, March 28, 2010

Emerging Technologies 3- Adobe Flash CS4

In another class I am taking this semester, we have started to have the opportunity to work with a program from Adobe called Flash CS4. This software allows you to create wonderfully engaging interactive projects for students. These could be movies, virtual fieldtrips, or any other interactive digital experience you can think of. We first learned how to create a shape then make it move. Just this simple animation of making a ball bounce across the screen is very complicated, but when finished, it is really something to see. We are now learning how to import pictures and video clips and create a movie. This movie will eventually contain buttons that take the viewer from one scene to wherever they want to go within the movie. To me, the program is very complicated right now, and I am very proud of myself when I am actually able to create something. But just as with any technology, this will take time and practice. Once I am able to create a completely interactive piece of media for my students, the time spent will be well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment