Saturday, March 6, 2010

Emerging Technology 2: Photo Editing- Photoshop

Photo editing may seem like something everyone is doing these days, but I'd had never tried it until very recently. I was required to edit some photos for another class that I am in. In doing this I was finally forced to used Adobe Photoshop, for the first time, although I have had the program for some time. With this program, one can crop, rotate, and even change the color and mood of a photo. It is very easy to use and there are many tutorials online that can help a new user like myself. I can see how this technology could be very usedful to a classroom. You can create powerpoints of course, using photos you have take yourself....and just by editing them a little, these photos turn into pieces of art. Photo editing can be useful if you want to create a virtual field trip or webquest as well. Photoshop allows you to edit photos you get online as well. You can't change them completely, but the program allows you to take let's say a plain black and white photo and really make it something to look at by changing the color or hue. If you'd like to see some photos I edited you can take a look at my blog entry title "Theaters through Time." This has several photos that I got from google. I was able to change some of them up a bit using Adobe Photo Shop. The photos look more eye catching than they did orignally.

No comments:

Post a Comment